MIDOC is the GP Out of Hours Service for Laois, Offaly, Longford, and Westmeath.
MIDOC provides medical attention for patients with urgent medical needs that cannot wait until their GP's surgery reopens. MIDOC is an appointment only service.
This service is available to patients of GP's participating in the MIDOC Out of Hours Service.
Before phoning MIDOC please have the following information:
- Patient's name if known to you.
- Contact telephone number.
- Current location of the patient.
- Patient's date of birth or age.
- Patient's own GP - family doctor.
- Patient's medical card number if applicable.
- Patient's current medication list.
What happens when you ring MIDOC:
- A receptionist will ask you for the details as outlined above.
- All calls are voice recorded; this is to assist in the validation in the quality of the service.
- URGENT calls will be given maximum priority.
What happens next?
The Triage Nurse telephones the patient or next of kin. All available information relating to the patient’s condition should be forthcoming to allow the Triage Nurse form a reasonable opinion about the appropriate course of action. In the case of adults the Triage Nurse will need to speak with the adult themselves.
Based on the clinical information received, the Triage Nurse can:
- Provide immediate advice / information to enable you to look after your condition at home.
- Arrange a consultation with a GP in one of the dedicated treatment centres.
- Arrange a home visit by the GP to bed bound patients.
- Advise to attend A&E department.
Call: 1800 302 702 to book an appointment.
Longford Treatment Centre
St Joseph’s Care Centre, Dublin Rd, Longford, N39 ER84
Mullingar Treatment Centre
Temporary Premises due to Covid-19 - Saint Mary’s Hospital, Longford Road, Mullingar, Co Westmeath (located in CADS building across from the hospital)
Portlaoise Treatment Centre
St Fintan's Healthcare Campus, Dublin Rd, Portlaoise, R32 RW61
Tullamore Treatment Centre
Midland Regional Hospital, Arden Road, Tullamore, Co Offaly, R35 NY51
Athlone Treatment Centre
Clonbrusk Primary Care Centre, Clonbrusk, West Coosan, Athlone, Co Westmeath, N37 P8 P8